Sell Apple, Buy Microsoft
The stock woke up in 2006 and went vertical, ahead of its long awaited Vista OS release. The January 2007 shelf date for that product delivered a sell-the-news reaction, with price dropping down and testing a four-year trend line breakout within the larger-scale pattern. It bounced back above that level in late April and is now testing the rally high.
This positive price action sets up supportive conditions for the stock to eventually rally above the January high at $31.48 and test 2001 resistance at $34. Notably, that price level marks the last major obstacle before Microsoft can start a powerful run that could reach the all-time high in the $50s.
Keep in mind, this is a long-term view. Realistically it could take another year or two before that bullish event finally reaches fruition. In the shorter term, the stock could pull back for several months to consolidate its second-quarter gains. But this decline should hold above trend line support near $29 in preparation for a dramatic run through the highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV