FDA OK Lifts Critical Therapeutics
Critical Therapeutics (CRTX) bounded 30% Thursday morning after specialty pharmaceutical company Dey announced the Food and Drug Administration had approved a new drug application (NDA) for the asthma treatment Zyflo CR.
The NDA is for twice-daily, extended-release tablets, also known as zileuton. Critical Therapeutics, a Lexington, Mass. biopharmaceutical company, and Dey, which is affiliated with Germany's Merck KGaA, will co-market the drug according to an agreement they made in March.
Zyflo and Zyflo CR are the only FDA-approved leukotriene synthesis inhibitors for the prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma in adults and children age 12 and older, the companies said.
Critical Therapeutics was up 76 cents, to $3.43 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV