Cramer: Real Growth Stocks Rule This Rally
This column was originally published on RealMoney on May 30 at 1:48 p.m. EDT. It's being republished as a bonus for TheStreet.com readers. For more information about subscribing to RealMoney, please click here.
Earlier this week I was freaking out because of the rally in the Procter & Gambles (PG) and Kelloggs (K) of the world. It wasn't long-lasting. We have come right back to where the wild bull markets are -- don't miss the great recap of my show every night, including last night's show, which dwelled on this theme -- and it is helped today by the big Deere (DE) buyback.
But take a look at this day. You can see where the money flows right after any showdown between the bulls and bears: infra, oil service, minerals, aerospace. It is as if these stocks had motors that kick in, hidden generators, when everything else is flatlining (read: drugs or banks). These keep going and going and going...
Don't forget, one of the reasons these companies can do that is that they've been shrinking float like mad over the years and just don't have enough shares around to satisfy the myriad buyers.You need to understand that the market comes back to real revenue growth and earnings growth, not the manufactured earnings growth with single-digit revenue expansion like so many of the packaged-goods companies have. That's why these stocks -- infra, oil service, minerals, aerospace -- are always the place to go in selloffs like the one we had this morning off of China's decline. Random musings: Can't stock the Crocs (CROX), that's the word I get from my retail friends. ... Spirited discussion in the Answers section of Stockpickr about MasterCard (MA). You know I think it is going much higher. Also catch the discussion on Apple (AAPL) and why I think it should be scaled out of in front of the iPhone launch. I just sense the hype is too darned high.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV