CDW Bought for $7.3 Billion
Technology products reseller CDW (CDWC) said late Tuesday that it has agreed to be bought by private-equity firm Madison Dearborn Partners for $7.3 billion in cash.
Under terms of the deal, CDW shareholders will receive $87.75 in cash for each share of common stock.
That represents a premium of approximately 16.1% over CDW's closing share price of $75.56 on May 25, 2007, the company said.
CDW's board of directors will recommend that CDW shareholders approve the deal, which is expected to close near the end of the third quarter or early in the fourth quarter of this year.Shares of the company, which rose 12% before the regular session opened, on speculation about private equity firms in serious talks about a buyout of the company, closed up 10% and then recently gained 4.7% in after-hours trading. CDW, which resells PCs, software and tech-related equipment mainly to business, government and education customers, is being advised by Morgan Stanley (MS). Chicago-based Madison Dearborn Partners manages more than $14 billion of equity capital under management. Vernon Hills, Ill.-based CDW is expected to announce details on a conference call Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. EDT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV