Tuesday's Late Winners & Losers
Earnings after the bell moved several tech, retail and other stocks Tuesday, including a big jump from Versant (VSNT).
The database management provider's shares were recently soaring 18%, after reporting solid second-quarter earnings and boosting full-year guidance. For the quarter ended April 30, the company reported revenue of $5.2 million, compared to $3.8 million for the year-ago period. The company earned $1.9 million, or 53 cents a share, for the quarter, compared to $1.2 million, or 32 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Looking forward, the company said it expected full-year revenue to grow 10%, driven primarily by license revenue growth. Shares were trading up $3.51 to $22.50.
Coldwater Creek (CWTR) also received a jolt after reporting earnings. Shares of the women's retailer soared 12%, after reporting a first-quarter profit of $12 million, or 13 cents a share, compared to $11.6 million, or 12 cents a share, in the year-earlier period. The company reported net sales of $281.3 million for the quarter, compared to $215.3 million in the comparable period last year. Analysts polled by Thomson Financial expected earnings of 8 cents a share on revenue of $264.5 million. Shares were up $2.60 to $23.50.Euroseas (ESEA), the Greece-based oceanic shipping company, jumped 11% after announcing it had doubled first-quarter profits. The company reported net income of $9.5 million, or 58 cents per share, up from $3.4 million, or 28 cents per share, in the year-ago period. Analysts expected income of 46 cents a share. Shares were up $1.21 to $12.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV