This Week's ETF Winners & Losers
Housing-related exchange-traded funds were the best performers of week, after unexpectedly strong new-home sales data hinted that the sector may be close to bottoming.
Shortly after Thursday's session began, a Commerce Department report said that new-home sales rose 16.2% last month to an annual rate of 981,000 units. Economists were looking for only an 860,000 pace.
Housing ETFs managed to avoid pitfalls during the week, including Friday's weak report on existing-home sales, as well as a disappointing fiscal second-quarter earnings report from Toll Brothers (TOL) on Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV