What Happens When My Stock Is Delisted?
All major stock exchanges have some sort of filing requirement for listed companies. This requirement helps ensure transparency in the company's financials and accounting, and this aids investors in the decision-making process. When companies don't meet their reporting deadlines, not only do they have to worry about repercussions from the exchange they're listed on, they also have to worry about sanctions from the
Stock performance is another factor in determining whether or not a company will retain the privilege of being listed on an exchange. Major stock exchanges want to exude a certain air of stability and establishment to the investors who use their services. Because of this, companies whose stocks don't meet minimum performance requirements (such as a minimum
Both the NYSE and Nasdaq offer their listing requirements online:
What Delisting Means for ShareholdersOwnership of stock in a company doesn't change just because the company has been delisted. You still own those shares (sorry, even if you don't want to) and have the same
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV