Friday's Winners & Losers
PPL (PPL) agreed to sell its controlling interest in an El Salvadoran electricity delivery business to Ashmore Energy International. Ashmore has agreed to indirectly acquire PPL's 86.4% interest in Distribuidora de Electricidad Del Sur for $180 million. Shares of PPL were up 4 cents at $46.03.
Air Products (APD) slipped 5 cents to $78.63 after saying that John P. Jones, chairman and chief executive, will retire as CEO on Oct. 1. John E. McGlade, currently president and chief operating officer, will succeed Jones as CEO. Jones will continue as chairman until March 31.
Superior Offshore International (DEEP) lost 3% to $17.80 after its first-quarter earnings fell to $6.2 million, or 42 cents a share, from $11.9 million and 80 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue rose to $54.3 million from $49.4 million.
O'Charley's (CHUX) was gaining 0.2% to $22.54 after the company's board approved an increase in the share repurchase authorization to $50 million.Hurco (HURC) reported net income of $4.7 million, or 73 cents a share, for its fiscal second quarter, up from $3.9 million, or 62 cents a share, for the corresponding period in 2006. Still, shares were down 9.2% to $42.80. Thomson Financial only surveyed two analysts, but they were expecting 78 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV