Friday's Winners & Losers
PPL (PPL) agreed to sell its controlling interest in an El Salvadoran electricity delivery business to Ashmore Energy International. Ashmore has agreed to indirectly acquire PPL's 86.4% interest in Distribuidora de Electricidad Del Sur for $180 million. Shares of PPL were up 4 cents at $46.03.
Air Products (APD) slipped 5 cents to $78.63 after saying that John P. Jones, chairman and chief executive, will retire as CEO on Oct. 1. John E. McGlade, currently president and chief operating officer, will succeed Jones as CEO. Jones will continue as chairman until March 31.
Superior Offshore International (DEEP) lost 3% to $17.80 after its first-quarter earnings fell to $6.2 million, or 42 cents a share, from $11.9 million and 80 cents a share, a year ago. Revenue rose to $54.3 million from $49.4 million.
O'Charley's (CHUX) was gaining 0.2% to $22.54 after the company's board approved an increase in the share repurchase authorization to $50 million.Hurco (HURC) reported net income of $4.7 million, or 73 cents a share, for its fiscal second quarter, up from $3.9 million, or 62 cents a share, for the corresponding period in 2006. Still, shares were down 9.2% to $42.80. Thomson Financial only surveyed two analysts, but they were expecting 78 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV