Friday's ETF Winners & Losers
Internet-related exchange-traded funds were among the top performers of Friday's session, as M&A activity boosted both the sector and the major averages.
Before the opening bell, Microsoft (MSFT) said it will acquire Internet marketer aQuantive (AQNT) for $6 billion in cash. The deal values shares of aQuantive at $66.50, an 83% premium over its last close.
aQuantive jumped more that 77% following the news, and other individual names were bidding higher as well. RealNetworks (RNWK) was rising 2.8%, Akamai Technologies (AKAM) added 2.6%, and Yahoo! (YHOO), which Microsoft had pursued earlier this month, was up 2.1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV