Wednesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Also climbing on acquisition-related news was Inter-Tel (INTL), purveyor of converged voice-and-data communications systems, after private-equity firm Vector Capital offered to buy it for $26.50 a share in cash. The Tempe, Ariz., company's shares were up $1.34, or 5.2%, to $26.90.
Tecumseh Products (TECUA), a Michigan-based maker of compressors and other products, jumped 12.6% to $12.08 after predicting a second-quarter year-over-year improvement in operating results, despite simultaneously reporting a widened first-quarter loss.
In analyst calls, Citigroup upped Georgia's Neenah Paper (NP) to buy from hold, after which shares lifted by 4.6% to $42.72, and Stifel Nicolaus began coverage of semiconductor Microsemi (MSCC) with a buy rating. Shares of the Irvine, Calif., company added 3.4% to $22.
The Russell 2000 and the S&P SmallCap 600, both of which track most of the above winners, were each in the green recently. The former added 0.4% to 817.14; the latter was up 0.3% to 425.56.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV