High-Yield 'BRICs' to Help Build Your Portfolio
The dividend calculates out to a very high 10.7%, which includes capital gains. However, the fund has been paying its dividend only once a year, and has paid out in only eight out of the last 10 years.
Finally, there is Brazil -- the largest country in Latin America in terms of area and population, and the fifth-largest country in the world. For such a big country, there are very few dividend-paying companies.
However, there is Petroleo Brasileiro (PBR), an oil exploration and production company, which yields 2.5%. It has a trailing P/E of 8.8.
For those interested in a Brazilian financial play, there is Banco Itau (ITU), another member of the Claymore/BNY BRIC ETF. It has a dividend yield of 2.0%.In the mining sector, generating a yield of 1.5%, is Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (RIO). It is owned by a who's who of the greatest investors ever, including George Soros; super investor Louis Bacon of Moore Capital; and one of Jim Cramer's favorite hedge funds to follow, Atticus Capital -- which is also a big holder of NYSE Euronext (NYX). You can see the full list of the highest-yielding BRIC stocks on Stockpickr. Another interesting list to track in a related area is the Highest Yielding China Stocks portfolio. And, while you're at it, why not check out the highest-yielding bank stocks and the highest-yielding stocks that pay monthly dividends.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV