Research In Motion Ripens
On May 3, RIM released the BlackBerry 8300 Curve phone, a version that has the multimedia capabilities of the Pearl handset as well as a full keyboard. BlackBerry Curve is expected to be available at AT&T (T) and other carriers later this season.
Curve is just the beginning of a strong product cycle, says Abramsky. RIM is expected to launch a new phone, the BlackBerry 8830 Worldphone, on Verizon (VZ), as well as new multimedia software that could help RIM expand its market share. The BlackBerry 8830 smartphone is expected to be available in stores on May 28.
The phone, with its ability to send and receive calls and email in more than 60 countries worldwide, could be a hit with Verizon's business customers. Abramsky expects Verizon to aggressively tout the phone to its users, likely driving sales of the device.
RIM's bullish outlook on its analyst day also helped allay investor fears that the company could be slowing down. RIM failed to meet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV