Wednesday's Analysts' Upgrades and Downgrades
CHANGE IN RATINGSBrooks Automation (BRKS) was downgraded to Peer Perform at Bear Stearns. Stock is up 20% on the year, and has reached the $19 price target. Company should deliver strong first quarter results, but near-term catalysts already appear to be priced into the stock.
Compucredit (CCRT) was downgraded to Underperform at Wachovia. Company missed first quarter expectations, and poor execution could continue to weigh on results even as credit appears to be stabilizing.
Citizens Communications (CZN) was downgraded at Credit Suisse to Neutral from Outperform. Says potential upside is limited following solid Q1 results. Maintained $16 target price.
Delta Air Lines (DAL) coverage initiated at Goldman with a Buy rating and $25 price target. See above average growth from more robust domestic-to-international capacity shift, and best-in-class unit costs and free cash flows, and less labor cost risk than other large legacies. Believe growth in international demand will benefit Delta disproportionately because it has more widebody aircraft available.FLIR Systems (FLIR) was downgraded to Neutral at JP Morgan. The US Army needs a new helicopter badly, which means that Textron will be busy, and likely farming more work out to FLIR. IBM (IBM) upgraded at Goldman Sachs to Buy from Neutral due to accelerated buyback program that will add 8 cents a share this year and over 20 cents in 2008. Upgrade comes less than a weak after stock downgraded on weak US spending and no near-term catalysts. Expect management commentary at May 17 analyst meeting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV