Activist Hates Alcoa Deal
Editor's Note: In this feature from Stockpickr, we highlight lists of stocks that have made new highs, lows or seen other unusual activity.
Investor and activist hedge fund Jana Partners panned Alcoa's (AA) $27 billion hostile takeover bid for Alcan (AL), sending the aluminum giant atop Stockpickr's list of Latest Activist Situations. Jana said Alcoa's shareholders would be better served through a potential sale "to one or more buyers."
Florida East Coast Industries (FLA) soared atop the list of 52-Week Highs after the commercial real estate company agreed to be acquired by Fortress Investment Group for $3.5 billion. The commercial real estate company also led Stockpickr's Rising on Unusual Volume list.
Forum of the dayThere was a lot of discussion about DOR BioPharma (DORB) in W.G.'s Bio Huddle.
Do you know the answer?sarah z asks, What's better: buying 52 week highs or 52 week lows?
Feeling lucky?And finally, try picking a random portfolio suited to do-it-yourselfers with more detailed analysis at I'm Feeling Lucky.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV