Beat the Street: Meet Vladimir Kulenovic
Vladimir Kulenovic scours the Internet and the newspaper rack to find winning ideas for his long and short positions. As of Friday's close, he'd turned $100,000 into $152,876, good enough to get him ranked 430th overall. Kulenovic talked to us about his top picks so far in "Beat the Street."
1) What stocks have you traded most effectively and how?
The picks that I traded most effectively were Medis Technologies (MDTL), North American Galvanizing (NGA), Progressive Gaming (PGIC) and most recently Voxware (VOXW). Most of my gains came as a result of short selling. Depending on the current valuation, I have been on the long side as well.
2) What's your style of investing?My investing style is contrarian, and while I am primarily relying on shorting stocks to generate quick gains in this game, my investments are exclusively on the long side and consist of diversified long-term holdings. 3) Do you primarily trade on the long or short side? Have there been any stocks that have been particularly good from both sides? As my picks in this game are high volatility stocks, they all work well from both sides of the trade. In my opinion, this is especially true for MDTL and PGIC. 4) How do you research your picks? Do you primarily use fundamental or technical analysis? I use both fundamental and technical analysis. I read everything from research reports to forums on Stockpickr. While most of it is done online, I also rely on Investor's Business Daily for some ideas. 5) If you win, what will you do with the $100,000? 5) Pay my school bill for the next two years and donate the rest to children in need.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV