Thursday's ETF Winners & Losers
Exchange-traded funds tracking the Internet sector were among the top performers of Thursday's session, thanks to solid first-quarter earnings from RealNetworks (RNWK).
The Internet-software maker posted a profit that beat Thomson First Call's average earnings per share target by a nickel. Recently, RealNetworks was jumping 9.4%. Among other names, Amazon.com (AMZN), CNET Networks (CNET), eBay (EBAY) and Checkfree (CKFR) were all higher by 1.5% or more.
The B2B Internet HOLDRs (BHH) was climbing 4 cents, or 2%, to $2.07. The Internet HOLDRs (HHH) was adding 85 cents, or 1.4%, to $60.36. The Internet Infrastructure HOLDRs (IIH) was gaining 4 cents, or 0.8%, at $5.06.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV