Wednesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Small stocks vaulted higher than the broader market on Wednesday, largely on positive earnings from names such as TTM Technologies (TTMI).
The Santa Ana, Calif., maker of printed circuit boards soared more than 29% to $11.85 after reporting that first-quarter profits totaled $8.5 million, or 20 cents a share -- 15 cents higher per share than Wall Street's consensus, according to Thomson Financial.
New Jersey-based Voxware tripled its value to $6.83 after saying it swung to a first-quarter profit of $685,000, or a dime a share, from a 34-cent per-share loss last year. Sales nearly doubled to $3.6 million. Cavium, meanwhile, vaulted 24.2% to $16.76 following its initial public offering of 6.75 million shares, plus an underwriter's option for about another million in order to cover any overallotments.Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), a Minneapolis-based restaurant chain, likewise handily beat Wall Street expectations with mounting first-quarter profits of $5.5 million, or 63 cents a share. Its stock jumped 14.4% to $74.19. LoJack (LOJN), a Westwood, Mass., maker of security equipment, more than doubled its profits year over year to 32 cents a share -- a dime over estimates. Shares shot up $2.21, or 12.2%, to $20.31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV