Wednesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Small stocks vaulted higher than the broader market on Wednesday, largely on positive earnings from names such as TTM Technologies (TTMI).
The Santa Ana, Calif., maker of printed circuit boards soared more than 29% to $11.85 after reporting that first-quarter profits totaled $8.5 million, or 20 cents a share -- 15 cents higher per share than Wall Street's consensus, according to Thomson Financial.
New Jersey-based Voxware tripled its value to $6.83 after saying it swung to a first-quarter profit of $685,000, or a dime a share, from a 34-cent per-share loss last year. Sales nearly doubled to $3.6 million. Cavium, meanwhile, vaulted 24.2% to $16.76 following its initial public offering of 6.75 million shares, plus an underwriter's option for about another million in order to cover any overallotments.Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), a Minneapolis-based restaurant chain, likewise handily beat Wall Street expectations with mounting first-quarter profits of $5.5 million, or 63 cents a share. Its stock jumped 14.4% to $74.19. LoJack (LOJN), a Westwood, Mass., maker of security equipment, more than doubled its profits year over year to 32 cents a share -- a dime over estimates. Shares shot up $2.21, or 12.2%, to $20.31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV