Top 10 China Stocks, While They're Hot
China's national economic plans have been reduced to a shambles, which is great news for investors in energy, materials and capital equipment.
At least for a while. I'd say we have 12 to 18 months of relatively clear sailing before the bills come due, as they always do.
My advice: Rejoice for a moment and then add to share positions in companies likely to benefit from the shambles. In this column, I'll give you 10 stocks that fit that profile. And watch like a hawk in 2008 for signs either that the Chinese economy is reaching a boiling point or that the Chinese government is ready to get serious about turning down the flame under the pot.
Brakes Don't WorkChina's government wanted to slow the economy's growth a bit from the 10.7% rate turned in for 2006. A rate near 8% would be ideal, Beijing's planners said at the beginning of 2007, because that is high enough to generate the jobs the country needs to stay even with its population growth and low enough to keep the economy from further overheating.
Instead, what the country got was 11.1% growth in the first quarter, the National Bureau of Statistics announced April 19. And now the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences is predicting 10.9% growth for all of 2007.So you can put away your worries about the global economy until 2008, I'd say. China's economy -- no matter what the planners in Beijing might want -- just won't let the global economy slow down.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV