Stockpickr: Stock Plays for Baby Boomers
Canetic Resources Trust (CNE) is another monthly-dividend Canadian trust, yielding 14.7%. Barclays holds more than 1% of the company, and Morgan Stanley also invests in the stock.
One of Canetic's largest mutual fund holders is Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund.
Harvest Energy Trust (HTE), which pays a yield of 14.5%, is yet another holding of Barclays. Goldman Sachs owns nearly 1% of the outstanding shares, and Barclays owns more than 2%. And Morgan Stanley's name pops up again as a shareholder. In addition, there are several funds that own Harvest shares, such as Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund, U.S. Global Investors Global Resources Fund and Dreman/Claymore Dividend & Income Fund.
Looking at some of the American monthly dividend payers, RMK Strategic Income Fund (RSF) pays 11.3% per year on a monthly basis. Oppenheimer & Co. is its largest institutional shareholder. Merrill Lynch also owns shares in the company. There is one mutual fund that owns RSF shares, American Pension Investors Efficient Frontier Income Fund.Another American closed-end fund, Boulder Growth & Income Fund (BIF), pays about 10%. Both Merrill Lynch and Citigroup are major institutional shareholders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV