'Mad Money' Culture Quiz
Jim Cramer endeavors to educate and entertain "Mad Money" viewers and readers not only about financial markets, but also about language, literature and politics. Take this week's "Mad Money" culture quiz and see what Cramer has to say about hubris. Check back every Friday for a new set of twists and turns.
(You'll find the answers at the end of the quiz.)
1. On one of his segments about companies primed for private-equity firms, Cramer said that TJ Maxx (TJX) was the best place to:
- go on a date
- invest your retirement money
- return twice-worn clothes
- buy socks
- "Charity toward none, malice toward all." -- Abe Lincoln, 1865
- "I am a Krispy Kreme (KKD) donut." -- JFK, 1963
- "A house divided against itself cannot stand, unless it has Sears (SHLD) Craftsman tools." -- Abe Lincoln, 1858
- "There is filth on the cold linoleum floor, and it must be scraped up with the muck rake." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1906
- The House of Atreus
- Vonage (VG) CEO Jeffrey Citron
- put him in the Staten Island Mall
- gave him Oreos and no milk
- put him on probation
- made him watch The Return of the Killer Tomatoes
- Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots
- Tiddly Winks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV