Stockpickr: Trade Like the Berkshire Board
In business, as in love, opposites attract.
That is definitely the case when you look at the misfits and renegades who make up the Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA) board of directors. Berkshire, run by famous value investor Warren Buffett and his right-hand man, Charlie Munger, is known for liking easy-to-understand businesses (in other words, anything that isn't tech) trading at low multiples over cash flows or book value.
However, the Berkshire board of directors paints quite a different story. If anything, Buffett is exhibiting his genius by hiring managers who can complement his own skill sets and by filling in what could be considered gaps in the Berkshire Hathaway universe. In particular, he has appointed several pioneers of the tech world to the board.
At Stockpickr, we keep track of all the top investments and interrelationships of the members of the Berkshire board of directors with our Berkshire Hathaway board of directors portfolio.Let's take a look at some of the names found in that portfolio. At first glance, it's impossible to look at the Berkshire Hathaway board without noting the presence of Bill Gates. The Gates-Buffett relationship runs deep, and it's difficult to say whether Gates is even an outside director at this point. Buffett made headlines last year when he announced that he was giving away almost his entire estate to the Gates Foundation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV