Wednesday's Daily Blog Watch
Editor's note: Every morning, James Altucher presents the most timely, topical posts from the Web's best business blogs.
Check out these 12 potential tax refund buys.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Merck (MRK) are heating up the cervical cancer vaccine wars.
Stockpickr's System Trades of the Day include trades triggering this morning on Research in Motion (RIMM) and BEA Systems (BEAS).
Analysts are thinking Costco (COST) might be a real estate play.
Wow, the British pound has made a 20-year comeback and is now at a high vs. the dollar. It's interesting to see where it is now relative to when George Soros destroyed it 15 years ago.
Here are some stocks that rose on unusual volume yesterday, suggesting a possible breakout. Today's trades include a possible breakout from Global Sources (GSOL), one of my favorite picks from my Internet newsletter days.
As of yesterday, the S&P 500 is now up for the millennium.
Freakonomics has a fascinating insight into why Google's (GOOG) YouTube worked.
Information Arbitrage is harsh in its post titled "MSFT, Xbox 360 and Japan: Failure-in-a-Box."
I was a venture capitalist during a horrible period to be a VC, from March 2000 to July 2001. Paul Kedrosky's list of top 10 VC lies definitely rings true.
Seth Godin was kind enough to share with us the worst CEO PowerPoint slide ever.
I hate to say it, but with baby boomers aging, I expect that the stocks in the death care industry will start getting acquired.
Here's a great case study by Startup Review of online dating company eCrush.
TickerSense notes that we reached a new high in new highs.
FlyOnTheWall.com checks out Jones Soda (JSDA) ...
... and it worked overtime to also give us the lowdown on Qualcomm (QCOM).
I thought I was going all-out when I spent $200 on my RIM Blackberry, but Stockerblog found a phone that costs $310,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV