Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Meanwhile, solar-energy companies Solarfun Power (SOLF) and JA Solar (JASO) were both cut to sector-perform from outperform by CIBC World Markets, sending Solarfun shares tumbing 15.2% to close at $15, and JA stock sliding 11.6% to end at $24.93.
Elsewhere, health- and personal-products distributor Natural Health Trends (BHIP) will privately sell up to $2.8 million worth of its preferred shares at $1.70 apiece, and communication-equipment maker Symmetricom (SYMM) will have to restate income downward by $800,000, or 2 cents a share, for the six months leading up to Dec. 31. An accounting error is to blame. Natural Health shares lost 15.6% to close at $1.95. Symmetricom was off 4% to close at $7.92.
The Russell 2000 and SmallCap 600 indices each closed down around 0.3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV