New and existing clients brought in $33.5 billion in net new assets during the first three months of the year, up 27% from a year earlier and the company's best inflow since the third quarter of 2000, it says.
Shares were flat on Tuesday at $19.51
TD Ameritrade and Schwab's other main competitor, E*Trade Financial (ETFC), is scheduled to report earnings on Wednesday. Analysts are predicting E*Trade will earn 38 cents a share on $672 million of revenue.
Shares fell 16 cents to $22.20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV