Monday's Tech Winners & Losers
Updated from 11:26 a.m. EDT
Technology stocks moved higher Monday, with JDA Software (JDAS) leading the way.
JDA Software soared 12.8% after the software company said that it expects to post better-than-expected first-quarter results. The company sees adjusted earnings of 26 cents to 28 cents a share on revenue of $89.7 million to $90.7 million. Analysts project earnings of 21 cents a share on revenue of $85.8 million. "2007 is an important year for JDA as we consolidate and leverage the operations of Manugistics and begin to see the results of the organizational changes we put in place in 2006," the company said. "Combining the positive impact of Manugistics with strong year-over-year growth in sales of the heritage JDA products, this first quarter result gives us a flying start to the year." Shares closed up $1.93 cents to $17.07.
Elsewhere, aQuantive (AQNT) got a boost from two firms. CIBC upgraded the stock to outperform and slapped a $35 price tag on shares while J.P. Morgan upgraded the stock to overweight and said that Google's (GOOG) acquisition of Doubleclick makes aQuantive an attractive buyout target. Shares of aQuantive closed up $3.49, or 12.2%, to $32.01.VeriChip (CHIP), meanwhile, jumped 4.5% after the provider of radio frequency identification products boosted its first-quarter revenue guidance. The company expects revenue of $7.3 million, up from an earlier view of $6.9 million to $7.1 million. "We believe these preliminary results reflect the growing demand for our infant protection and wander prevention products," the company said. Analysts polled by Thomson First Call project revenue of $7.1 million. Shares were up 24 cents to $5.60.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV