Trial Data Lift Progen
Progen Pharmaceuticals (PGLA) saw its shares soar 53% Monday after the company said its experimental cancer treatment showed positive results in a clinical trial.
The company was testing a drug known as PI-88 in patients who have previously undergone the surgical removal of liver cancer.
The 48-week data demonstrated that 160 milligrams of PI-88 improved patients' disease-free rate, the primary endpoint, by 25%, and prolonged the time to tumor recurrence from 27 weeks to 48 weeks, or 78%.
Shares of Progen were lately up $4.36 at $12 in premarket trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV