- According to government statistics, the average person drives 12,200 miles a year in a vehicle that gets 21 miles to the gallon.
- According to energy industry statistics, the average price of a gallon of gasoline nationwide over the past year was $2.50.
- Divide 12,200 by 21, and you'll see the average person uses about 580 gallons of gas annually. Multiply that by $2.50, and you'll see the average person spends about $1,450 per year for gasoline.
- So how much money do you need to put into an investment that yields 6% per year to get $1,450 in annual income? I'll spare you the rest of the equations, but the answer is about $24,000.
Energy Holdings With Juice
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.