Bad Reception for Sirius
Editor's note: This Stocks Under $10 alert was originally sent to subscribers April 12 at 12:14 p.m. EDT. It's being republished as a bonus for TheStreet.com and RealMoney.com readers.
Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI) is arguably one of the most popular companies in the Stocks Under $10 universe. We last wrote about the company in December and have been negative on the stock for sometime. With shares now trading down at our $3 target price, it's time to revisit Sirius -- to see if the stock offers any long-term potential for investors.
On Feb. 19, Sirius and XM Satellite Radio (XMSR) agreed to merge in a deal that would create one giant satellite radio company with roughly 14 million subscribers. If the deal is approved, the merged entity would create cost synergies and reach profitability much more quickly than XM or Sirius would independently.
However, there is some concern that the Federal Communications Commission could rule against the merger -- given that Sirius and XM are the only two companies that have been granted satellite-radio licenses. The Justice Department also would have to sign off on the deal. These hurdles have caused Sirius' share price to fall to a 52-week low of $3.07, with shares recently trading at $3.10.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV