Wednesday's ETF Winners & Losers
The HealthShares Emerging Cancer (HHJ) exchange-traded fund was Wednesday's worst performer, recently down 4.7%. Dendreon (DNDN) and Nuvelo (NUVO) both faced downgrades and were lower by 13.7% and 17.6%, respectively. The ETF was recently down $1.33 to $27.09.
The B2B Internet HOLDRs (BHH) ETF was also lower due to rating changes. Holding Checkfree (CKFR) sank 6.7% after JMP Securities downgraded the stock to market perform from strong buy. The ETF was off 10 cents, or 4.6%, to $2.08.
Bundled securities tracking homebuilders were also losing ground, a day after D.R. Horton (DHI) eased after the company said fiscal second-quarter new-home orders fell 37% from a year ago. The stock was recently down 2.1%, while Hovnanian (HOV) was losing 3.3% and Lennar (LEN) was off 3.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV