Vanguard Bond ETFs Start Trading
Vanguard's first four fixed-income exchange-traded funds began trading on the American Stock Exchange Tuesday.
The Total Bond Market ETF (BND), Short-Term Bond ETF (BSV), Intermediate-Term Bond ETF (BIV) and Long-Term Bond ETF (BLV) are structured as a separate share classes of established, broadly diversified bond index funds.
All four of the bond ETFs carry expense ratios of 0.11%.
Vanguard is the nation's second-largest mutual fund manager but is a relatively small player in the ETF industry, with approximately $23 billion in domestic and international stock ETFs.The company had filed plans for the ETFs with the Securities and Exchange Commission in January.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV