Farallon Mulls Affordable Deal
Affordable Residential Communities (ARC) set a weeklong exclusivity pact with Farallon Capital over a possible sale of the company's manufactured home assets.
The Englewood, Colo., company said it would gross $1.84 billion if a deal takes place, and would net around $535 million, or $9.20 a share. Affordable Residential said it would retain some preferred stock, exchangeable notes, trust preferred securities and its stake in the Nlasco insurance unit. The company said it would use its net operating loss carryforwards in a deal and seek to "make opportunistic acquisitions" with proceeds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV