Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Cutera (CUTR) shares plunged some 31% after the Brisbane, Calif., maker of laser-based aesthetic systems chopped at least 8 cents off its first-quarter per-share earnings outlook, with expectations now between 11 cents and 13 cents on a GAAP basis. Sales projections were cut by $3 million to $23 million -- $3.3 million below targets. Shares were sliding $12.02 to $26.37.
Car parts maker Hayes Lemmerz International (HAYZ) also took a nosedive after stockholders' equity as of Jan. 31 plummeted 44.5% year over year to $101.8 million. Despite a significantly narrowed fiscal 2006 loss, shares were losing $2.46, or 31.8%, to $5.27.
iCAD (ICAD) and other makers of computer-aided mammography-screeners were falling after the New England Journal of Medicine reported that the devices don't significantly improve on detection rates for invasive breast cancer (more likely to spread elsewhere in the body). Shares of New Hampshire-based iCAD were tumbling 37 cents, or 10.2%, to $3.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV