Friday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
All American Semiconductor (SEMI) lost more than half of its value after the Miami-based electronics distributor estimated it swung to a fourth-quarter loss of $8.3 million to $9.1 million, or $2.07 to $2.26 a share, from roughly break-even last year. Revenue drooped 16.2% year over year to $95.8 million. Shares closed down $1.31 to $1.25.
Business-services firm ICT Group (ICTG) plummeted 28.4% after higher-than-expected costs sharply deflated its first-quarter outlook; earnings are now estimated at 2 cents to 4 cents a share, down from 20 cents to 23 cents a share previously. Analysts are looking for 21 cents a share. The Newton, Pa., company's slightly lower sales outlook -- $115 million -- should just miss targets. Shares fell $6.95 to $17.50.
Goldfield (GV) slid after the construction company posted a small fourth-quarter loss, or break-even per share, compared with last year's 3-cent per-share profit. Revenue sank 12.2% to $9.1 million. Shares of the Florida-based company slumped 17 cents, or 14.5%, to $1.00.
San Diego's La Jolla Pharma (LJPC) will offer 5.8 million shares at $6 a piece with an underwriters' option for another 870,000 to cover any overallotments. Shares closed down 66 cents, or 9.8%, to $6.05.Think Partnership (THK), a Clearwater, Fla., marketing-services firm, widened its fourth-quarter per-share loss to 14 cents from 3 cents last year on sales that fell 12% to $19 million. Shares were dipping 14 cents, or 5.7%, to $2.30 earlier in the day; they closed down 2 cents at $2.42.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV