Wednesday's Early Winners & Losers
(BZH) plunged more than 16% in extended trading Tuesday after
Business Week reported that several federal agencies had begun a joint
iMergent (IIG) jumped 7.3% after the Orem, Utah, e-commerce company lifted its fiscal 2007 guidance, now estimating the net dollar volume of its executed contracts to surge 45% to 50% year over year -- meaning between $144.7 million and $149.7 million. The prior outlook called for 40% growth to $139.7 million. Shares were rising $1.41 to $20.75.
Accenture (ACN) rose after the Bermuda-based management-services firm said fiscal second-quarter operating income more than quadrupled to $559.4 million from a year ago. Net earnings spiked to 47 cents a share from 11 cents a year ago, and revenue climbed 15.1% to $5.17 billion -- toppling the $4.69 billion consensus, according to Thomson Financial.
The company also added 8 cents a share to its fiscal 2007 earnings outlook, now foreseeing between $1.88 and $1.93 in per-share profits. Accenture stock was gaining 86 cents, or 2.4%, to $37.08.Arrow International (ARRO) slid on below-par results for the quarter ended Feb. 28. The medical-products maker said it made $14.5 million, or 32 cents a share -- higher than last year's 28 cents a share, but 4 cents short of the mean Street target. Revenue came to $125.4 million, a modest rise from last year that missed the $128.6 million consensus. Shares of the Reading, Pa., company were slumping $1.72, or 5%, to $32.40.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV