Tuesday's Financial Winners & Losers
BankFinancial (BFIN) added about 1.2 million shares to its existing share-repurchase program, which had originally authorized the buyback of 2.4 million shares. The Illinois-based bank also extended the program's deadline by six months to Sept. 30. Shares were gaining 30 cents, or 1.9%, to $16.53.
Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) climbed Tuesday after the Florida-based transaction processor said it expects the current subprime-mortgage meltdown to have "minimal impact" on its business and reiterated its prior in-line earnings guidance. Shares were rising $1.46, or 3.3%, to $46.01.
TD Ameritrade (AMTD) sank after the online broker announced the resignation of chief operating officer Randy MacDonald. The company is looking internally and externally to fill the position, which opens up on June 1. Shares were off 31 cents, or 2%, to $15.55.
HSBC (HBC) said its French unit will pay roughly $305.4 million (228.75 million euros) for the remaining stakes in two insurers -- Erisa and Erisa IARD -- both of which it currently owns jointly with Swiss Life. The Britain-based bank was down 65 cents, or 0.7%, to $87.50.Fulton Financial (FULT) was downgraded by two analysts after the Pennsylvania-based bank said it will take a $5.5 million pretax hit due to subprime-mortgage loan repurchasing by its Resource Bank subsidiary. This should shave a penny off per-share earnings when offset by other items. Shares were losing 48 cents, or 3.1%, to $14.93.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV