Microsoft Vista Outpaces Predecessor
Belying reports that the newest version of Windows is a poor seller, Microsoft (MSFT) on Monday said that Vista is significantly outperforming its predecessor.
"In the first month of Windows Vista's general availability, sales exceeded 20 million licenses, more than doubling the initial pace of sales for its predecessor, Windows XP," the company said in a statement posted on its Web site.
That's 3 million more licenses than were sold for Windows XP in the first two months of its availability five years ago, Microsoft said.
Just five weeks ago, CEO Steve Ballmer said analysts' expectations of revenue generated by Vista sales were "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV