Friday's Tech Winners & Losers
Shares of Kronos (KRON) were among technology's winners Friday, jumping 14% after the software company agreed to be acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman Capital Partners for about $1.8 billion, or $55 a share.
The all-cash deal represents an 18% premium over Thursday's closing price of $46.63. "We are pleased to announce this agreement, which represents the culmination of a thorough review of our standalone plan and strategic alternatives," Kronos said. The deal is expected to close during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007. Shares of Kronos were recently trading up $6.33, to $52.96.
Bookham (BKHM) slumped 10% after the telecom-equipment company said it will sell about 13.6 million shares of stock for $28.6 million in a private placement. The company will also issue warrants to buy about 4.1 million shares of stock. The warrants will have an exercise price of $2.80 a share. Bookham plans to use proceeds from the offering to fund its working capital needs. Shares were trading down 25 cents, to $2.10.
Shares of Bell Fuse (BELFB) soared 20% after Technitrol (TNL) offered to buy the company for about $480 million in cash, or $40.30 a share. The price, if Bell Fuse agrees to the offer, represents a 21% premium to Bell Fuse's closing price of $33.24 on Thursday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV