Microsoft Forms Ad Search Unit
Microsoft (MSFT) has shuffled a number of high-ranking executives and formed a new group to coordinate Internet search- and ad-related research.
Satya Nadella, who leads the Microsoft Dynamics line of business software, will head the search and ad platform group. Having one person lead research-and-development efforts in search and advertising is a key object of the realignment, Microsoft said.
Google has a bit more than 48% of the search market, Yahoo! about 26% and Microsoft roughly 12%, according to Nielsen/Net Ratings.Harry Shum will be chief scientist in the new group, and Tami Reller will become acting leader of Dynamics. Shares of Microsoft were recently off a dime to $28.24 after hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV