Rackable Rockets on Sun Rumor
Rackable's customer list includes marquee Internet names Amazon.com (AMZN), Yahoo! (YHOO) and Microsoft (MSFT). In fiscal 2006, Microsoft and Yahoo! accounted for 34% and 26%, respectively, of the company's $360 million in sales.
Sun is also trying to focus its sales efforts on Internet companies, with new products such as its Galaxy line of x86-based servers as well as servers featuring Sun's proprietary Niagara chip.
Sun says its
A representative from Rackable was not immediately available for comment.Sun spokeswoman Kristi Rawlinson said the company continues to look at acquisitions, thanks to its strong balance sheet, but it does not comment on specific rumors or speculation about acquisitions. Shares of Sun were down 2.5%, or 16 cents, at $6.33 in late afternoon trading. Rackable's stock has taken a beating from the Street in past months after disappointing sales guidance and a high-profile executive departure. The company's stock is down 68% from its 52-week high of $56. On Wednesday, Rackable named a new worldwide vice president of sales, three months after the surprise exit of its previous head of sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV