Thursday's Health Winners & Losers
AtheroGenics (AGIX) rose 14% as the company continued to recover from a big loss to start the week. On Monday, its shares tumbled roughly 60% after its heart disease drug failed to meet the main target of a phase III trial. The stock was recently adding 45 cents to $3.67.
Adams Respiratory Therapeutics (ARXT) was also surging after the company said it has settled a patent lawsuit over a generic version of Mucinex with Mutual Pharmaceutical and United Research Laboratories. Recently, Adams was climbing $5.17, or 16.8%, to $36.01.
On the downside, Avalon Pharmaceuticals (AVRX) dropped 5.1% after the drugmaker's fourth-quarter loss swelled from the same quarter in the previous year. The stock was off 24 cents at $4.48.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV