Health Care ETFs: Elixir for Your Portfolio
On the other hand, if your arthritis or allergies are flaring up, the companies in the HealthShares Autoimmune-Inflammation ETF (HHA) want to sell you their treatment.
The new surgical products to fix cataracts have to be seen to be believed. Patients with 20/200 vision can be restored to near 20/20 vision with the insertion of artificial, custom fit lenses to replace the lens clouded by the cataract. The companies supplying these types of products are included in the 44.3% sector allocation of health care products in the HealthShares Ophthamology ETF (HHZ).
The one area of our economy where growth is virtually guaranteed is in the waist line. Obesity is rampant. Diabetes is becoming a risk at earlier and earlier ages.
I am personally waiting for a pill with no side effects that wipes out all my body fat so that I can eat as many strombolis and as much General Tso's chicken as I want. Some of the companies of the HealthShares Metabolic-Endocrine Disorders ETF (HHM) are working hard to help achieve this goal.If a cure for obesity is not found anytime soon, the companies treating the side effects of obesity, such as asthma and heart disease, are positioned to benefit. These companies are grouped into the HealthShares Respitory/Pulmonary ETF (HHR) and the HealthShares Cardiology ETF (HRD). By the way, if you choose to invest in any of these new ETFs and are asked about the lack of diversification, you can always say: "At least I have my health."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV