Tuesday's ETF Winners & Losers
The ETF was adding 20 cents, or 0.4%, to $52.53.On the flipside, energy-related ETFs were among the worst performers of the day. The front-month April contract, trading for the last time, was losing 22 cents to $56.37 a barrel. The Oil Services HOLDRs (OIH) ETF was recently falling 1.9% to $139.69. The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Oil Equipment Index (IEZ) ETF was down 1.8% to $45.87. The SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Equipment & Services (XES) ETF sank 1.4% to $30.29. The PowerShares Dynamic Oil & Gas Services (PXJ) ETF was off 0.7% to $20.16. Bundled securities tracking homebuilders were mixed following key economic data. Before the opening bell, the government said U.S. housing starts jumped 9% in February to 1.525 million annualized units, retracing some of January's 14% drop. However, building permits eased 2.5% last month, disappointing some economists The iShares Dow Jones U.S. Home Construction (ITB) ETF was recently down 0.6% at $36.21. Meanwhile, the SPDR Homebuilders (XHB) ETF was higher by 0.1% at $34.03.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV