PowerShares Assumes Sponsorship of Nasdaq 100 Trust
PowerShares Capital Management, a division of Amvescap (AVZ), will soon be responsible for one of the most actively-traded exchange-traded funds on the market. Nasdaq will hand over sponsorship of its Nasdaq 100 Trust (QQQQ) on March 21. The fund tracks 100 of the largest non-financial companies listed on the exchange.
PowerShares will also assume sponsorship of several other ETFs from Nasdaq Global funds, including the four BLDRs based on the Bank of New York ADR Indexes: the BLDRs Emerging Markets 50 ADR Index Fund (ADRE), BLDRs Developed Markets 100 ADR Index Fund (ADRD), BLDRs Europe 100 ADR Index Fund (ADRU) and BLDRs Asia 50 ADR Index Fund (ADRA). The Nasdaq 100 European Tracker (EQQQ) will be transferred upon regulatory approval in Ireland.
The ETFs significantly expand PowerShares' assets. President Bruce Bond says the deal enhances his company's "visibility within the marketplace and credibility as a major ETF provider."
Nasdaq is freed from the costs of managing, marketing and distributing the funds.The total expense ratios and ticker symbols of the funds will not change as a result of the transaction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV