Jim Cramer's Stop Trading! Subprime's Dirty Dozen
It's time to take stock of the bears' dirty dozen in the faltering subprime sector, Jim Cramer said Wednesday on CNBC's Stop Trading! segment.
Cramer said that with this week's meltdown of New Century (NEWC) -- the Irvine, Calif.-based lender to homebuyers with poor credit histories -- short-sellers and others are targeting 12 players in the subprime market.
Cramer said some of the companies are doomed and others are being unfairly lumped in, but he stressed that investors must know who is in the shorts' targets before buying or selling any of these names.
These are the companies:
- IndyMac (NDE)
- CharterMac (CHC)
- Friedman Billings (FBR)
- Fremont General (FMT)
- Redwood Trust (RWT)
- Newcastle Investment (NCT)
- American Home Mortgage (AHM)
- Gramercy (GKK)
- RAIT (RAS)
- Accredited (LEND)
- Thornburg Mortgage (TMA)
- CapitalSource (CSE)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV