Invest in Your Debt
Where is the best place to invest your hard-earned money? It's a question that a lot of people spend a lot of time investigating. For many, however, the answer is right in front of them.
When looking at investments, many people disregard one of the best and easiest places to invest their money: their own debt.
Perhaps people simply don't think about it, or maybe they think it's not as glamorous as investing in stocks (most people will be more than a bit reluctant to let everyone at the party know they are getting double-digit returns investing in their own debt). But your credit card debt should be one of the first places you look when you have money you're looking to invest.
You can see why this is a superior investment opportunity by simply taking a look at five general investing questions that you should ask of every investment you make. When you ask them of investing in your debt, the answers are so incredibly favorable that you'll find it difficult to find a better place to invest your money.
- What is the risk? While almost all investing entails some form of risk, especially when you are referring to investments with double-digit returns, investing in your own debt is an exception to this rule. There is absolutely no risk involved when you put money toward your own debt. Once you pay money toward your debt, it disappears, and you save whatever interest you were paying on it.
- What type of return can you expect? Unlike most investments that can yield high returns, there is no guesswork when it comes to your investment return. You know exactly what the return on your investment will be -- whatever interest rate you are paying on your credit cards. For most people, that is a double-digit figure and can be as high as 30%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV