Wednesday's Early Winners & Losers
Air T (AIRT) shares jumped nearly 9% in after-hours trading Tuesday after the Maiden, N.C.-based air-delivery company announced that the Air Force ordered about $13.8 million worth of its mobile de-icing trucks -- 43 in total. Shares were rising 67 cents to $8.20 in recent extended trading.
Sapient (SAPE), a business-software and marketing-services firm, said its non-GAAP income from continuing operations totaled $7.9 million, or 6 cents a share, in the fourth quarter -- a 4-cent per-share drop from last year, but 4 cents higher than Wall Street expectations, according to Thomson Financial. Revenue surged 38% to $119.2 million, handily beating the $110.4 million consensus.
In 2007 the Cambridge, Mass., company expects sales in excess of $500 million. Analysts are looking for $491.2 million. Shares were adding 49 cents, or 8.2%, to $6.50.
Gymboree (GYMB) got a lift after the children's-apparel retailer posted a profit of 84 cents a share (excluding a 2-cent settlement-related charge) in the quarter ended Feb. 3, which sprints past Wall Street's 72-cent per-share projections. Gymboree stock was gaining $2.28, or 6.5%, to $37.42.Horse race-betting Web site Youbet.com (UBET) rose after adjusted losses came to 3 cents a share, which beat ithe Street's call for 6-cent losses. Shares of the Woodland Hills, Calif., company were up 11 cents, or 3.9%, to $2.95.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV