Tuesday's Financial Winners & Losers
Hilb Rogal & Hobbs (HRH) was among few financial-sector winners Tuesday, rising on an upgrade by Stifel Nicolaus to buy from hold. Shares of the Virginia-based insurance broker were up 61 cents, or 1.3%, to $46.30.
Financial stocks were largely sliding otherwise in furious trading Tuesday, caught in a larger selloff that pushed the major indices deeply into the red. Credit-services firm Moody's (MCO) was losing $4.24, or 6.7%, to $59.33; savings bank Washington Mutual (WM) was down $2.15, or 5.1%, to $39.75; and broker Friedman Billings (FBR) was plunging 72 cents, or 13%, to $4.82.
(C) slipped after the banking behemoth
(NMX) was lower after a number of its shareholders, including General Atlantic,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV