Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Infocrossing (IFOX) sank 14% after the Leonia, N.J., maker of business-software company posted earnings of 12 cents a share, or $2.9 million. This compares with a 1-cent loss last year, but it also misses two analysts' estimates by a penny. Revenue, at $58.9 million, was just under the only analyst target of $58.9 million. Looking ahead, the company expects 2007 revenue to total $250 million to $255 million -- at least $5 million short of the only projection. Shares were off $2.25 to $13.81.
Saba Software (SABA) dropped after cutting its guidance for the fiscal third quarter. The California-based company now expects a non-GAAP bottom-line of between break-even and 2 cents a share, compared with prior estimates of 7 cents to 10 cents a share. Analysts are calling for 10 cents a share. Earnings for the quarter already in progress are also projected to miss Street targets. Shares were losing 98 cents, or 13.8%, to $6.13.
Shuffle Master (SHFL) will restate its results for the fiscal year ended Oct. 31, correcting for a $1.2 million earnings overstatement arising from an intercompany sale from which profits were mistakenly recorded. The Las Vegas-based gambling-equipment maker was down $2.06, or 10.6%, to $17.31.
Texas-based oil driller Exploration Company (TXCO) swung to a fourth-quarter loss of $4.4 million, or 13 cents a share, compared with profits of 9 cents a share last year. Analysts were looking for a 13-cent upside. Shares were down $1.34, or 12.2%, to $9.66.Hancock Fabrics (HKF) lost ground after the Mississippi-based company was removed from Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600 index. Shares were retreating 20 cents, or 8.2%, to $2.24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV