Tuesday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Astronics (ATRO) plummeted more than 20% after the company said fourth-quarter income slid 2 cents per share from a year ago to 10 cents, or $807,000. The East Aurora, N.Y., company, which makes lighting and power-generation systems for the aerospace industry, also restated its 2005 numbers downward in order to account for erroneous revenue-recognition timing. Shares were giving up $3.86 to $14.95.
(WCI) shares were leaping some 17% on word Carl Icahn and his limited partnership affiliates will make a
Deltathree (DDDC) shares climbed after the New York-based company announced it will exclusively provide voice-over-Internet-protocol (VoIP) services for Panasonic's Globarange hybrid phones via its new "joip" brand. Deltathree shares were adding 13 cents, or 7.5%, to $1.86. Matsushita Electric Industrial (MC), which operates the Panasonic brand, was dipping 26 cents, or 1.3%, to $20.20.
Canada's Ivanhoe Energy (IVAN) climbed after reporting it had produced high quality oil at its California test facility "using an innovative operating method based on a simple, once-through configuration" that simultaneously creates larger amounts of byproduct energy. Shares were trading up 16 cents, or 7.9%, to $2.19.Electronics company Technitrol (TNL) got a lift after it predicted 2007 sales will lean to the higher end of its prior range of $233 million to $236 million. Analysts are looking for $234.2 million. The Trevos, Pa., company was gaining $2.63, or 11.8%, to $24.86.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV