Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Red Zone Defensive Plays
Click here for an archive of Cramer's "Mad Money" recaps.
Don't expect the "absolutely brutal" action we saw in the stock market today to be over just yet, Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Tuesday.
"But before we damn the whole market, let's remember what were damning," he said. "The mortgage weakness has spread to the market so quickly because traders are closing out of everything."Instead of distinguishing between stocks, market players are selling all of the stocks in the S&P 500 or anything related to it, Cramer said. Although the subprime loan issue is "a problem that is not going away in that sector
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV